Monday, November 19, 2012

Mission News: Eagle Scout Project Is By The Book!

  Eagle Scout Project Is By The Book!

 

     Boy Scout Peter Vawryk of Troop 308 is on his way to achieving scouting's highest honor—becoming an Eagle Scout!  The sixteen year old Ballard High School junior who belongs to St. Bernadette's Catholic Church in Prospect collected over eighty boxes of books for Wayside Christian Mission's new library!  With 4,755 books in tow, Peter, his father Tim (who is also the troop's assistant Scout Master), his mother Liz, and his sister Laura presented the mammoth book collection at the Mission's Family Shelter on West Broadway. 

 

     Peter explained, "I thought this project would be beneficial to Wayside Christian Mission because I knew there was a need and I had heard Wayside collected donations from a variety of people.  It was a great opportunity to do this service project because I could help the less fortunate by giving them something to read.  It made me realize how fortunate I am and I hope it helped a lot of people!  It was a pleasure to do this project!"

Peter's family has many reasons for being proud of this bright and ambitious young man!  Good job, Peter! We are grateful!