Saturday, May 26, 2012

Intern Discovers Real World Experiences

Louisville Presbyterian Student David Fugatt (purple shirt)

     Never underestimate the creativity and the resourcefulness of a student. Seminarian David Fugatt, a native of Knoxville, served admirably as an intern chaplain throughout 2011-12 school year.  During his time at the Mission, David tackled a number of duties and responsibilities with a healthy measure of enthusiasm and bravado.  Field education serves to prepare students for life in the real world--and there is no shortage of real world experiences when serving hundreds of women and men encumbered by poverty, substance abuse, and a lack of education and training.  Thanks to David's hard work and excellent organizational skills, many of those in our care have been enriched by his good efforts.   "I came to Wayside to teach the clients what I knew but instead I was taught by them. May God Bless all of the clients and the staff who made Wayside such a learning opportunity for me.  I really enjoyed my time there and look forward to coming back from time to time to continue ministering to the wonderful people that call Wayside home."