Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Guests of Hotel Louisville Comment Online

Date of review: Mar 25, 2011 - New

I have stayed in hundreds of hotels all over the US and around the world, but I have never - I mean NEVER - left one before so filled with enthusiasm for what they are doing there and for my experience. I intend to urge all my friends to take advantage of this amazing place if they travel anywhere close to Louisville.

First, the hotel is based on compassion for homeless people. Many of the rooms are used by women with children, of whom I met at least 15-20, all of them friendly, clean, courteous, and obviously grateful for the love they have found here. Second, that love is reflected to the paying customer continually - in the quality of the rooms, the friendliness of the staff, the beauty of the grand piano music being played by a volunteer in the lobby, the delicious coffee and continental breakfast served in the dining room, and much more. Having grown used to the professional courtesy of standard hotels run for profit, I had not realized what a difference it could make when a customer is also treated like a member of one's family, with warmth and love as well as commercial courtesy.

I love the place!