Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Penny Rooms - thank God

What is a penny really worth?

A penny is worth a safe room and a warm bed.

A penny can help with a moral stand – what’s right is right.

A penny can say, “I care enough to help.”

A penny can symbolize that I am for the underdog.

A penny can help fight the insanity and discrimination in our community.

A penny can save a life and help spread God’s love to people in need.

I never really knew just how much a penny was worth until it was used to rent a hotel room for people in need. When I count my pennies I will always count my blessings.



Today a number of good people dropped by the Mission and gave us their bags of pennies and asked that we use them to rent rooms for the women and children.

Blessings to all of you who are fighting for the poor!

Tim