Monday, June 08, 2009

A Note From A Resident

Dear Rev. Tim Mosley ,


First of all , I would like to say im a current resident of the wayside mens facility located on 432 jefferson street. I am not typing this to complain but rather give thanks towards your ideaogly on helping the homeless. Im a 22 male that graduated from highschool and attempted to aspire my childhood dream of going to college . I did that and went to Western Kentucky University , and began my college career .. I went very good for the first three semeester to I began to get into the college night life and decided to join a fraternity. I did become successful in the fraternity and became third in charge ( risk reduction officer) it was then after that i began to slip and started sliding away from the lord and my grades began to decline rapidly.. I felled out of college . lost my job and lost my apartment. i found myself using marijunaa and sleeping on friends couches and bumming of relatives...... It was until i heard of louisville and my friend told me about Wayside Missions ( his parents are volounteers ) . So i moved to area Homeless and came to wayside.. Mr. Mosley i would like thank for you the chance to start my life over. Since at wayside ive served in the kitchen ( thoug hthe pay wasnt the best ( it got me back in the habit of waking up going to work everday and responsbillties. . Since at wayside i have saved up money , started a savings plan , got a line cook job for a cordish company ( working towards promotions ) and the best for last been clean for 4 months free from ( alcohol adn marjiunan ) and I recieved Christ last week and was bapitized that same day .. I felt like i needed to express the to you and let you know that the Work out program has changed my life .. thoug the times was hard , i thank you for the chance to start my life over , and gave me hope when i was on the track of committing sucide.. wayside gave me hope and faith that i can overcome .. sorry to bohter you and i would like to help out to help other anyway possible..

Thank you For you Time and May God Bless ,