Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Mission Update: Former Intern Thanks Mission For Valuable Learning Experiences

Our former intern is now a pastor of a Methodist Church in Knoxville...



Former Intern Thanks Mission 

For Valuable Learning Experiences

     While a student at Louisville Seminary, David Fugatt served with us as an intern chaplain.  David came to love the homeless people he served at the Mission and, in turn, the staff and resident clients came to know and love David.  Recently, David became the pastor of Mountain View United Methodist Church in his native Knoxville, Tennessee.  He reports, "Things here are going well as I try to keep my head above water learning all the aspects of the pastorate. I want to say that I have taken tools I gained at Wayside as I have tackled this new job.  Heather is well as she is also adjusting to a new role as a pastor's wife… but the church has been very welcoming of both of us."  We are pleased that David's hands-on experience as an intern chaplain is paying dividends in his new ministry!  Good job, David!  We are proud of you!