Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Trinity Chapel Kids Lend a Hand

Trinity Chapel Kids Lend a Hand to the Homeless

 

An aging poet once pondered, "Why is youth wasted on young people?"  Ah, but when youth's vitality, creativity, and energy are directed for good, amazing things can happen!  A case in point is a recent visit by Pastor Beau Henderson's youth group from Trinity Chapel Assembly of God in east Louisville.  Pastor Beau's kids arrived at Wayside Christian Mission's family shelter eager to learn about homelessness and ready to serve the families in our care!  Here is what some of the kids had so say about their visit to the Mission:

 

"I've enjoyed it...this is the kind of ministry I want work at!  Doing all of this (volunteer) work makes me realize how much I take for granted and how much I have been blessed." --Rachel

 

"It reminds me that other people are out there doing work for God...there are people sacrificing because of their love."--Jeff

 

"Helping people makes people happy!"--Paige

 

"I was blessed in my time here helping out!"--Katherine

 

"It's been great!"--Emily

 

When asked about the volunteer activities' impact on his kids, Pastor Beau responded, "Serving at Wayside was a great reminder for our students and myself that God's work is being done all through this city, not just in 'our own little corner of it.'  It was a blessing to be here today, may God be glorified!  Thank you, Jesus!"